Re: Is the survey you are completing research or customer relationship management?
Below is a response I wrote for a blog post. I thought it was important enough to post here in order to help understand the importance of Consumer Behavior.
“A significant proportion of customer satisfaction surveys out there are not really research surveys, they are just customer engagement exercises masquerading as survey research.” – Richard Jenkins, Jenkins Research Blog
You state that a customer satisfaction survey is not really a research survey. I disagree.
It is their prerogative to engage a dissatisfied customer and would be an opportunity wasted if they did not. (As seen with the majority of Fortune 100 companies that use software (and Apps) that allow you to interact with your customers or potential customers in all forms of social media within seconds of a posting.) Customer satisfaction surveys provide an opportunity to not only engage the customer (or former customer), but also to learn the behaviors of a customer. Understanding the behaviors of the customer allows you to better tailor your company, product, or service to better meet the needs of the customer.
The customer is the most important part of the business. Without the customer your business is only a hobby. So, a customer satisfaction survey is probably some of the most important research your company can perform.
- Stay Needed – Marketing Market Research (surveyanalytics.com)
- V-Rooms Get an A+ in Customer Satisfaction Survey (prweb.com)
- Virgin Trains wins top UK customer satisfaction award (rail.co)
- Full Suite of Support Services Now Available For Anyone Creating Online Surveys Online Survey Design Offerings From SurveyMedic Supplement Free SurveyGrader Tool (prweb.com)
- Overall Customer Satisfaction Scores Reveal the Best Market Research Suppliers in 2011 (pr.com)
- Customers Love Apple, Surveys Find (pcworld.com)
- Got Amazing Customer Service? Prove It. – Introducing Customer Satisfaction Ratings in Zendesk (zendesk.com)